If you've followed me for awhile, you might have noticed a few changes recently…
In case you didn't know, my name is Elle Drouin (you might know me as “Elle from wonderfelle”) and while I've owned this domain for years, I have sort of been “hiding” behind the wonderfelle brand.
For 2018, my word is VISIBILITY.
I feel like I've done a “good” job at growing my business, but honestly, most of my marketing has been pretty passive – I'm much more comfortable behind my computer screen or behind a camera, but I think that more personal connection, more active marketing, and more VISIBILITY overall can only lead to being able to help more people through my business (and also more revenue).
“wonderfelle world” was actually the name of my (unrelated) blog many years ago, so when I started my business I just kept the first part of the name and turned it into wonderfelle MEDIA. As my business has evolved, I felt like there are a few different entities (and a few different websites) but none of them were really “me” – I originally thought my business could evolve into more of an agency model so naming it after something other than myself made sense, but after launching the Styled Stock Society and growing the Mochi and the City brands, I felt like my personal brand was sort of lost in the mix…
Since this is my main website, I decided to rebrand to make it a better representation of well, me!
Regardless of how my business shifts in the future, I think that this change makes the most sense for me moving forward. Whether I'm styling / photographing / consulting or doing something totally different down the line, my name isn't going to change!
So here's a quick rundown of updates / where you can find me online / what to expect in the future –
This will be my main website and where you can find more information about how we can work together. I'll continue to share business / marketing tips on my blog as well as more behind the scenes lessons from my own businesses.
Any old links should be redirecting to the new site, but if you come across any links that aren't working, let us know and we'll make sure they are updated!
You can get in touch with me directly via elle(at)elledrouin.com + follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook (note that my handles are all now @elledrouin instead of @wonderfelle)!
Styled Stock Society
The Styled Stock Society has become more of it's own sub-brand with a separate website and a (new!) separate Instagram where I'll be sharing more sneak peeks at Styled Stock Society collections as well as behind the scenes from our shoots. Next month we'll also be launching the Styled Stock Society blog where we'll be sharing branding and photography tips so stay tuned for that!
For customer support or questions about the Styled Stock Society – please email support(at)styledstocksociety.com and a team member will be in touch.
Mochi and the City
And last but not least, I have big plans for growing Mochi's brand in 2018 – if you're not already familiar, Mochi is my 3 year old maltipoo pup and she's kinda famous on Instagram. Next month we're working on rebranding HER website, launching the Mochi and the City guide to NYC, and our first physical products!
If you're interested in collaborating with Mochi, feel free to reach out to us at mochiandthecity(at)gmail.com (if you think it's weird that she has her own email, you'd probably be surprised to know she also has her own phone too)!
I have a mix of professional and personal goals because, to be honest, they are often intertwined for me! I've built my business intentionally to enjoy certain freedoms (like being able to work wherever/whenever), but that also means planning work around life and vice versa (like planning trips around brand collaborations). These are a few of my “bigger” goals for the year that will guide what I focus on and how I manage my time, but I tend to break things down quarter by quarter to actually get things done!
1) As a mentioned before, my word of the year is visibility – so to quantify the ways in which I aim to be more visible, my visibility goals are 12 podcast interviews, 6 speaking engagements, and literally being visible (showing my face) on Instagram stories 100 times this year. Just typing that out makes me uncomfortable, but I'm pretty sure pushing myself out of my comfort zone is a good thing!
2) I have an income goal in mind, but rather than sharing that, I think it's more important to focus on the things that I'm doing to actually achieve that goal. One of the things that has had the biggest impact on growing my income is growing my email list, so my goal for 2018 is 40,000 email subscribers. I still have some planning to do in terms of mapping out where all these new subscribers are coming from, but I am confident that if I put in the effort, this is a reasonable goal for the year!
3) This year I also want to commit to only working 3 weeks per month. Last fall I started working fewer days and intentionally taking a week or so “off” to travel each month, and I've really loved having that time away from work. For me, this makes more sense than taking Fridays off or taking a longer vacation a few times a year, but I am not always great about “not working” while I'm traveling, so I do want to make sure that I'm scheduling in non-working days too. I find that when I have some time for myself, I'm more inspired and more motivated on the days that I do work, so I guess focusing more on self-care is tied into this goal as well!
4) On a related note, this year I want to take at least 8 trips + 4 staycations. I'm not differentiating between work / personal trips because they are usually a mix of both, but I really want to take advantage of having the flexibility to work from wherever as well as do more travel partnerships with Mochi.
5) Last but not least, I ‘d want to a collaborate with other businesses at least once a quarter. When I say collaborate, I'm thinking larger scale collaborations like custom Styled Stock Society collections or joint venture partnerships that are more than just doing a webinar or an Instagram story takeover. I actually just added this to my list of goals so I have no specific ideas in mind yet – so if you're reading this and want to collab, get in touch!
Hi Elle! Thank you for sharing your rebrand story and goals. I wish the best 2018 a #girlboss can have!